Foobar playback (BD-Design)

by GC @, Friday, October 21, 2005, 23:01 (6760 days ago)

Hallo Bert and other computer music makers,

Several months ago I bought a Twindac, so I spent some time to learn EAC and Foobar. Since it worked easily and with good results on my old Toshiba 4600 I decided to go for a dedicated notebook. Today I obtained an Acer 2312LMi-L together with a LaCie 250 GB external hard disk.

So this evening I installed Foobar on the Acer and copied a CD to its hard disk, Debut from Bjork. What I heard was really amazing, Bjork voice was so distorted that I hardly recognised it. High frequencies were almost totally missing, also on instruments. It looked some what like a much too slow playback but the track time was exactly what it should be.

I checked every parameter in the preferences and compared them with the settings in the Toshiba and made them exactly the same. Nothing had any effect, the Acer kept sounding terrible. With the equalizer some high frequencies could be added but the sound remained far from the original.

After several hours of trying I have no idea anymore what to test. I did all listening up to now with a relatevely good headphone into the notebooks. Can anyone give me a clue of what can be happening here??

Yours,
Eddie

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread