chinese valve amps/ general matching up (Off Topic)

by Bert @, Friday, May 05, 2006, 00:35 (6564 days ago) @ GC

Hi Justin,

1. I have a pair of Lowther PM6 drivers which will soon be put to use in my 'about to be purchased just as soon as i can make a decision which ones' Oris horns.

For the PM6A's I would suggest the Oris 250's. The Oris 150's can be used also but the tonal balance with your drivers might be a bit "dark" or on the dull side. Within the Oris 250's you'll gain much more openess and clarity.

I'm looking into suitable amps to drive these and thinking the
chinese options look good value. In particular:
http://www.apah69.dsl.pipex.com/dynavox/dynavox.htm and
www.audioclassics.co.uk/budgetamp.htm. Does anyone have any experience
with these or similar??

I have no experience with either of these brands. A very low noise figure would be needed though...

2. The second issue is bass. I'll be using my existing Music Fidelity MA50 Class A Mono bloc amps, which should be more than adequate. Anyone any suggestions for suitable base cabinet/driver??

I can only suggest the BD15 in their Reference Compact enclosure. Your own amps will be suitable to drive these well..

3. Crossovers. Very confusing.

Not so confusing. Its the options available and the bass system used that makes things less clear. I can help you with that when needed though and optimally when you decide for the Reference Compact bass system.

Ciao,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread