Interesting post at Audioasylum (Off Topic)

by PeterSt. ⌂ @, Netherlands, Friday, June 30, 2006, 09:37 (6503 days ago) @ Brookshire

Hi,

Correct.
I am in kind of direct communication with him;

Note though, that he is able to hear things, say, directly, which most probably "you" and anyway me are not able to hear other than "hmm ... is this better or ?". This is all about jitter.

Differences exist in compiling with optimzed code and without, and more crazy stuff you wouldn't think of in first place. Also, knowing what "choices" are in playing technically, there is a *lot* to improve playing music from a PC.
Currently I am working on a player myself, which will be as "high-end" as possible and for that market only.

Besides this, I received a DLL version from him which does work (one of the compilations only), and probably today I'll receive the other compilation versions in DLL as well.
The most interesting would be the SSE3 version (for those who have a processor supporting that), which would be a hardware optimized version eliminating jitter largely.
If I may speak through his mouth : this should be more detailed, but also more flat sounding.

The latter is a phenomenon by itself, to my findings incurred by a good source (the player) with less good elements further down the chain.
For me things came together with the non-oversampling (Twin)DAC where my Audio Note from then couldn't cope. I can kind of scientifically prove the why, although I'm not really knowledged in this area.

Peter

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread