Interesting post at Audioasylum (Off Topic)

by Eddie @, Monday, July 03, 2006, 01:14 (6504 days ago) @ Bert

Hello Bert,

Now I have something else that doesn't work. I installed the ASIO driver from Germany. This worked because I got the beep every 30 secs. Then I started Foobar as usual, loaded a few files from the RAM disk, pressed start and: no music! The counter stayed at 0:00 and the ruler did not move. I checked all settings, nothing suspicious. One thing that I do not understand is that the manual of the ASIO driver says: "Enter the control panel via the button in your applications ASIO settings." I caNot find anything in Foobar on ASIO settings.

After that I completely reinstalled Foobar, I changed from V8.02 to V8.03, but with the same result. The console of Foobar gives the message "direct sound initialized succesfully", so that does not help very much.

So then I uninstalled the ASIO driver, at least I tried. After removing some files I got the message "... please reboot and try again". So I did and got the same message again and again and .... The beep dissappeared meanwhile but Foobar still refuses to get going. Any idea what went wrong and what to do to get again music out of my system?

Kind regards,
Eddie

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread