Foobar V0.9.2 versus V0.83 (Off Topic)

by Bert @, Tuesday, July 04, 2006, 22:36 (6504 days ago)

Hi All,

I have done several experiments with several different asio.dll drivers (only changed these in V0.8.3) and compared that to Foobar V0.9.2.

In all situations I prefer V0.9.2 (even with the volume control present).

I hear more the things I like, life recordings are more alive, more space all around and less "pressure" on my ears. V0.9.2 shows more resolution (i.e. less "flat" sounding) and sounds more real to me (less "compressed").

The differences are not huge but to me and within my system these are big enough.

I also found the error why V0.9.2 is not buffering as it should. in fact it does do this but the value should be larger. The menu tells you to put the number in kB but in reality this should be in byte. 100Mb should then be entered as 100000000 to get the buffering working.

The usd-audio driver will remain in the system too... :smile:

Don't forget to set the priority to real-time (only manual possible with V0.9.2) in the taskmanager.

Some other tweaks that can be done is to "strip" the computer. If you have XP running then you can find lots of hints and tips at:

http://www.musicxp.net/tuning_tips.php

Note: If you do not know what you're doing or when you are not sure then do not try to change the specific setting!

Ciao,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread