goodsoundclub diy hornspeaker forum (Off Topic)

by PeterSt. ⌂ @, Netherlands, Sunday, September 17, 2006, 11:57 (6429 days ago) @ angeloitacare

Hi Angelo,

I don't think the forum of this Russian gentleman Roman Bessnow is about DIY horn systems. This forum is about him, he, himself, and his hobbies. It's one big blog.
The man must have an IQ of 280, seems to have a fine audio system and is a good fotographer. His move from Russia to the US made him, say, important.
He not only has a typing diploma, he must be a typewriter himself.
He's an artist.
However, having one virtual turntable with 6 fixed arms and a dozen of cartridge heads around ... it's beyond my imagination.
In his age of well 50, he must have few self confidence, but gets some by bashing around.

Just my analysis after being on his "forum" (and elsewhere) for a couple of hours.

I don't think he has real technical insight in things, but operates more from his own findings of reality and a huge experience. I think in many cases those findings are appropriate, but in other cases he is too ignorant to listen to other's findings, or to want to understand the theoretical insight of things. I mean, his expression of not wanting to visit companies you referred to in Japan, because it would be a waste of time anyway ... is just bashing (to you).

All 'n all his expression about the BMS driver, and listening to Bert about this earlier, is true ... when not applied properly in the horn consistently, and with the appropriate filters and some tweaks. Your trying (overthere) to express about the one point of originating of the sound like Bert's horns do ... how could he ever respond to that. Did you see his "speakers" ? I didn't count, but I guess he uses 11 drivers. Per side that is.:stop: And of course he has the special open baffle mono speaker (I guess he has only one of those :clapping: )

If you'd just read how many difficulties he had in getting the things right (and how much he uses friends opinions to get somewhere), you'd know his answers are worthless to you.

Do not be afraid the Orphean won't do what you expect from it. It does, and it does it all. Also I can advise sincerely to buy any of Bert's bass enclosures, and you should go for the "Ultra" versions (i.e. with horn) to do it right at once. Please note that the bass drivers used are especially made (for Bert), and you won't be able to buy such a thing commercially elsewhere.

Just my 2c,
Peter

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread