goodsoundclub diy hornspeaker forum (Off Topic)

by angeloitacare, Sunday, September 17, 2006, 19:33 (6430 days ago) @ PeterSt.

Hi Peter

i learnd a lot on Romys forum. I bought Bert 's Orpheans blind, meens without hearing,they did not arrive, so i caNot judge with my ears, but i am quit ansious after all i read here in the forum abought them. Of course Romy can only talk abought his own experience with the Bms drivers. Its really not everyones job to make a speaker sound well, i know how difficult this is, as i grown up seeing my father desesperating i dont know how many times , because his speakers didnt sound as they should. I caNot understand, why in the graphic of bert's orpheans the curve of the bms with his horns go til 220hz, if in the official site, with the bms original horns, witch hornmouth is pretty the same big as Bert's Hornmouth, goes only til abought 400 - 450 hz. Also, if one horn really can reproduct such a bandwith as the orpheans accurately, i can judge only after hearing them.
What i can imagine, is that a big mid bass horn, like of the trios, probably would add more body to the sound. If Bert's chassis really are the non plus ultra, i don't know. Its fun to search in the net, see what could be possible, hear everyones opinion, and finally go and try out by my own, till get what i want.

regards Angelo

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread