Swing it out ! (Part-2) (Swing)

by PeterSt. ⌂ @, Netherlands, Sunday, September 17, 2006, 23:24 (6430 days ago) @ angeloitacare
edited by unknown, Monday, September 18, 2006, 09:20

Hi Angelo,

u folks seem very amazed abought your baby's. They look really nice.
what i am curious abought, is the horn in front of the bass. What is the
difference, compared without it in front of the woofer ? does this bass
have real sub bass, meens til 25, 30hz ?

angelo

Hard to explain, easy to hear !
I'm from the leage "have a subwoofer !". In fact, "have two !".

Okay, so I say sub-bass is below 25Hz, just because I was used to 27Hz. Better to say is : sub-bass is weird, uncommon and not really music-like, BUT, is in many recordings ! (maybe because the recorder doesn't even know ?).

In the area of sub-25 Hz the sound becomes "wind". Well, between 18-25 Hz something is audible, but mainly -and becaues of its force- it becomes wind. By itself a great experience, like the third song on Zappa's "The Yellow Shark", but not really necessary once normal bass is allright ...

This "allright" is the crux;
My before 27Hz is 27Hz allright, but somehow isn't present straight enough or so. Without control ... without the individual vibes. Not fast enough.
With Bert's very light weight woofers the vibes come through allright. And the overall effect is that I better switch off my subs because they makes things fuzzy only.

Note that the latter is just because they jump in at a too high frequency (40Hz), and without measuring I'd say it should be 22-24Hz.
Bert's drivers go as low as 30Hz officially, but that would be anechoic :confused: (open air, outdoors), and what I feel without measuring is that it could be 24 or so.

Peter

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread