Swing it out ! (Part-2) (Swing)

by PeterSt. ⌂ @, Netherlands, Monday, September 18, 2006, 13:30 (6402 days ago) @ GC

I'd like to add a thing, which amazed me a bit, although it could just be me and my lack of broader experience;

What I am used to no matter what occasion (hence system) is that listening with your ear right next to a woofer, there is just some low sounds booming a bit. Listening with the mid/high part disconnected, this sounds like cutoff sound, just presenting the lowest frequencies.
Not with the BD15 and the horn ...

Somehow here is just music, and although cut obviously, it's not low sounds only, it's instruments as well. Now, with my ear in the bass horn there's something to judge. There's the vibrations of the snare etc. ...

Of course when listening to e.g. the Swing, that sounds logic; when you hear the vibrations of a snare at the listening position, you should hear them with your ear in the woofer just the same. Now *this* is not true ...
Vibrations of a snare etc. often go along with harmonics, and those harmonics will be audible as just similar vibrations through the mid part of the speaker. This is fake ! and it's explored by the vibration of the fundamental tone as how e.g. the Swing expresses. The difference ? an INSTRUMENT !

A cello vibes as a cello with the colour of a cello.
Oh, I'd better make "contra bass" of that. :fool:

Peter

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread