Tact Digital Amplifiers For Oris/Aer (Off Topic)

by Rooze ⌂ @, Wisc USA, Thursday, October 12, 2006, 16:09 (6377 days ago) @ Don Reid

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum, having found it only yesterday.
I would add that the new Lyngdorf might be an alternative to Tact. Most know perhaps that Peter Lyngdorf was behind much of the technical development at Tact and split over a year ago to form his own company, taking existing Tact technology with him. Anyway, he has an interesting product that is basically a fully digital integrated amplifier. (The TDA2200 is the model) It has an optional 'RoomPerfect' module that supposedly builds on the technology in the RCS2.2x and takes it to a higher level. So all that is needed is a transport into the TDA2200. The inbuilt 200 watt amp (into 8ohm) drives the bass unit and via the analog output card to the SET amps for the horns. Then with the optional RoomPerfect module you have full control over bass and horns from the single unit. It's expensive though at over $6000 - but does include amplification which the RCS2.2 does not. I hear also that the amp quality is outstanding and many are opting to use the inbuilt amp for the main horns, outputting to something like the Tact S2150 for the bass.
Anyway, I hope I don't sound like a sales rep (which I am NOT)...it's just that I've been considering this for my own Oris 150 / 2A3 system in the last few weeks.

Cheers

Rooze

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread