Tact Digital Amplifiers For Oris/Aer (Off Topic)

by Don Reid, Rural Northwest Georgia, USA, Friday, October 13, 2006, 15:59 (6404 days ago) @ unknown

Hi Chris,

How you keeping?<<

Remarkably well, thank you. I was in England again in July for my daughter's wedding to a fine Englishman in Kent. There will be a ceremonial repetition here in Georgia soon for the friends and relatives unwilling or unable to do the horrible transatlantic airplane ride. Also, since the lovely afternoon of music wine and conversation at your home with your charming wife, you and your nephew and friend audiophiles I have lost twenty-seven pounds (12.27 KG).

On paper the Tact 2.2 preamp seems an ideal match to our types of system.<<

I truly agree. By the way, the model I intend to buy early next week is the Tact RCS2.2 XP, a much more advanced and sophisticated version of the original 2.2 which in comparison to the 2.2 XP is now two generations obselete.

The vexing question is how will it sound. I would be setting aside an S&B transformer volume control to accommodate it. One would hope it was one step back and two forward.<<

Woe be it unto me to ever disagree with anyone about anything, but is my fervent prayer that it will be a simple 2 to 2.5 steps forward.

I'm Outa' Here,
Don

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread