Tact Digital Amplifiers For Oris/Aer (Off Topic)

by Don Reid, Rural Northwest Georgia, USA, Sunday, October 22, 2006, 18:29 (6395 days ago) @ angeloitacare

Hi Angelo and Anyone Else Who Might Be Interested,

will u sell your deqx ? there is a Tact RCS 2.2X on ebay. is there a big
difference between this and the new xp model ?

After writing about my big plans for the Tact coponents I have decided to not buy them because of a health problem I have. For two months or so I have had a problem with my hearing. I made myself believe it was a result of sinus allergy problems I have had at the same time from sawing teak and brass in my workshop and sanding and polishing them. A visit to a doctor who specializes in hearing revealed that the problem was an hereditary disease causing a progressive degeneration of the nerves in my inner ear. This was no great surprise. My father and three of my six older brothers have had this problem. Using the progression of their hearing loss as a guide I expect to continue enjoying music for six or seven more years but with decreasing high frequency hearing and appreciation of details and fine nuances. Que sera sera.

The Tact 2.2X is an excellent component. I am a big fan of high order time and phase correct digital crossovers. Properly calibrated and programmed digital room correction can amaze. The 2.2 XP with its greater computing power offers additional advantages of more refinement, the ability to program many functions without a PC being needed and the ability to change important functions such as crossover settings while music is playing. Considering my hearing impairmment I suppose it best if I leave it up to you guys to decide if the transparency of components such as the Tact or DEQX is good enough to add them to your system.

I'm outa' of here (for now)
Don

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread