Jordan JXR6 or JX92S front loading (Off Topic)

by jzagaja, Kassel 34117, Szczecin 70843, Tuesday, November 28, 2006, 10:46 (6351 days ago) @ PeterSt.

It seems that AES has your speakers on the stock. I will check them. Measurements on AES site shows that time transmittance is bad however front step slopes can be just good. I'm on the perfect pulse response camp (Quad ESL/Manger MSW). Of course wide dynamic range of horns is attractive. Less room reflections also but from the other side D. Moulton's proposals are more and more popular.

In Poland we have strong DIY group on USB NOS-DAC (Peter Daniel, Boeing) and the subjective tests with modern Crystal OS-DACs shows that there's no important difference. I don't believe in electronics since I can't tell the difference between DVD DACs produced in 5 years span using high resolution headphones. Some transducer/amp mismatches can exist and distortions studies of higher harmonics and masking are at the beginning. Also recording engineers use OS-ADC so that we haven't any non-sinusoid signal in the original sound. If you like pulse without ringing go to the LPs :)

--
Jacek Zagaja

Universität Kassel,
Institut für Werkstofftechnik
Kunststoff- und Recyclingtechnik
34125 Kassel, Mönchebergstraße 3

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread