amplifier for orphean horns (Off Topic)

by fu_man @, Friday, December 01, 2006, 12:15 (6349 days ago) @ angeloitacare

hi fu_man

thanks for your reply. i had some email exchange with vinnie rossi, he
gave me nice attention, seems to be a nice guy. between his amp, there are
another two, that srajan mentions as " best three solid-state amps I've
heard " : the Audio Sector Patek seems to use similar circuits ( actually
is chip amp a new method od amplification ?) and at the same price league.
do u have any comparison experience , ore heard that amp ? angelo

Angelo,
No, sorry i can't give you a comparison with the patek. But i agree with Bert inasmuch as even if i preferred one over the other it probably would be of much use to you unless either one of them was really terrible and the other not (which is not the case) or if i was particularly experienced and skilled at trying to convey the difference between the two - which i am not - read 6 moons for that! My taste will no doubt differ.

Personally, although i love that glowing glass, i didn't want valves and my young children mixing... my lounge was "fenced off" for long enough when i had my martin logans running :grin:

I choose RWA Sig 30 after being so impressed with a RWA squeezebox mod.

regarding cost of parts: a couple of people have suggested to me that the same can be had for very cheap DIY... it's obviously true that you can make a cheap chip/Tripath amp... that's what all the fuss about the sonic impact T amp was about... but will it be voted as one of the best products of 2006 by a well respected tube lovin' editor/reviewer? Again check the Audiocircle if you want to read a few 'reviews' from people who have compared the Sig 30 with their tubes. (remember, no one is saying it is the same) Still i'm not saying that the ladyday would be better for you, and Bert no doubt knows what works well with his speakers.

Good luck.

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread