amplifier for orphean horns (Off Topic)

by angeloitacare, Friday, December 01, 2006, 22:34 (6327 days ago) @ PeterSt.

hi Peter

Vinnie Rossi send me some more information today :

I noticed that people on that forum refer to a Sonic Impact T-Amp (that is the picture of the little circuit board that you included in your post). That is a very cheap, 6-watt into 8-ohm (11 watts into 4-ohm) amplifier that generated a lot of buzz because of its low price and pretty good performance. It is based on the Tripath TA2024 chip. It runs on +12V. In terms of performance, it doesn't even come close. Of course for the price ($39), it is a lot of fun and can be modified for better performance.

The Signature 30 is a totally different animal. I designed the circuit board for the Signature 30 and am using the TK2051 chipset (30 watts x 2 channels into 8-ohm). It runs on +24V. The circuit board design (layout, parts used, etc) highly influence the resulting sound. The power supply is also very important. This is why I chose to use high-current, SLA battery:
http://www.redwineaudio.com/SLA.html

as i am not in hurry to take a decision, i will justo continue to search and read in the net abought these matters, until come to a conclusion.
I think Bert's experience weights , so i will carefully think if may not the Ladyday will work better for me. But, as i pretend to visit CES next year, if i buy the sig30, i can take it with me in my luggage, and wont pay custom fees
:cool:

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread