amplifier for orphean horns (Off Topic)

by soundcheck @, Germany, Sunday, December 03, 2006, 17:36 (6353 days ago) @ giulio

Angelo.

I could not find the battery specs on the link you posted.
Anyhow:
High current is relative, right. Would you call 450Amps or something like that high current! From normal PS perspective with its 16A that's pretty high current -- right. But that's not the issue.

It is the ESR - resistance - which is the key here.
The northstar batteries do have 2mR, which is good for 4300 Amps
http://www.northstarbattery.com/data_sheets/TeleCom/NSB90.pdf

The dynamics, transient response, increases the lower the ESR.

The bigger the bat is, the more headroom you got, the more constant is your Voltage. You might loose 2V while playing with a small battery over 4hours.
My bat doesn't even recognize that some current is gone after 4 hours. :grin:

The big batteries much less degrade over time compared to the small batteries. The small ones sound quite OK in the early days. Wait a couple of months and you'll see what I mean.

I'd say in general it is pretty much the same compared to good old oversized high-end powers supplies. The big bat makes it all more relaxed.

Guilio:
Sorry for mixing up Monica and Charlize.:wacko: :grin: Perhaps it has something to do, with my personal preferences! :grin:
Still - I think I shouldn't call my Amp Charlize any longer.
Except the SMD parts nothing stayed on the board! Changing out the poor coupling C and swapping the output coils was the first thing I've done. This brought me a good step forward. E.g. swapping the air-coils to Mundorf foil coils gave me quite some more details in the sound and less distortions. I changed out all other caps and even the output filter.

Klaus

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread