NuForce talks (Off Topic)

by GC, Friday, January 26, 2007, 21:45 (6292 days ago)
edited by GC, Friday, January 26, 2007, 21:57

Dear Peter and dear Bert...

I've moved this thread to a dedicated one.

Leaving a door sligthly open to in particular the point about the source of music and what it does. I agree so far that it means a lot.

But but but, my dear fiends. This is neither what I am hearing or what you both heard. We are of the track with those amps.

Now just one only comment about the source for now:

You can hear differences between different amps even the source is a drop dead lausy CD player trying to get it's message through a laser reader etc.

(BTW. I'm not emotional about audio. So shoot.)

What you have heard re. the NuForce amps must come from a different phenomenon. Either the amps were damaged, both of them. Or you did not pay respect or attention to the special requirements for feeding them with AC power.
I had prior to acheving the good sound I speak about so many troubles re. supplying them correctly with the mains. I had no prior experience of such character. This was and still is really crazy. Very crazy.

Here I have AC power cables, DC-terminators and conditioners from Kemp. Connect the Nuforce to the AC supply on the conditioner and you will experience clutter and noice like hell. Connect both amps to the unconditioned Belgrade mains and one channel closes down on the SWINGs. SWINGs are completely silent, but in one channel only!!!
Connect another speaker of other brand than SWINGs and the dead channel starts playing.
Connect one amp to the conditioner and one to the Belgrade mains and everething runs noiseless and sound gorgeous. (However the NF block connected to the conditioner generates a little hizz, but does sound great.)
Now you explain me that?

I have a certain feeling that in Berts showroom set-up you had some of those problems as well, but not the time to find out why the NF sounded like shit..
I was and still am very confused about those phenomenons, but relate it to the switch-mode layout and such supplies sensitivities to ground issues.

I would for sure hear the same crap comming out your place, but then you will for sure also hear the heavenly sounds emitting in my room.

It just must be so.

What to say.

GC:grin:

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread