NuForce talks (Off Topic)

by PeterSt. ⌂ @, Netherlands, Saturday, January 27, 2007, 13:16 (6298 days ago) @ GC

Hi GC,

Arh....Peter. I know what you mean. But I will contest that if we don't pocess the ultimate player, we just have to consider all our playback gear as junk. Including the SWINGs. Including the music. Including the room. >Including our self.
I'm not quite ready to hang myself because I don't have your GC

No no no. You are an exception already just because you *have* the SWINGs.
Of course it is a coincidence that it is my reference, but since it is anyway, that part in the chain is allright. :cool:

Then, it is not about considering as junk at all, but that we can't communicate anymore. Think of this :
Bert and I talked about what could in heaven's sake be the matter with your Border Patrol. I mean, after listening to the NuForce. IOW, for us there was no explanation why you judged the BP as far worse, except for us having the 9, while we thought you used the 9SE. Now this "hope" has gone as well. :cry:: (just joking a bit, because there's stuff to do on the PSU/Power thing, which was actually in the post which got deleted yesterday -> we spent much time on that because we could find that as the only cause of things being so wrong -> duNo what Bert in the mean time found).
The point is, where we just know by now how important the playback device is, we just can't tell what you hear. The same of course that you can't tell what we hear by now. Mind you, things have gotten so much improved the last 6 months or so, that I am 100% sure that Bert will judge his own playback from back then -WHICH YOU EVER BEFORE HEARD !!!- as complete crap. Go ask him !
So you both already can't communicate anymore.

The BP's can't simply do that and starts to blurr things arround it's clipping point.

So here's another story again (very sorry to be so "teaching" which I actually threw away at a certain age, but I like so much to make audio stuff clear without hearing it -> impossible ?) :
Can hardly be true, just because of my experiences. So it can be true, but it is highly unlikely. What 100% sure DOES happen, however, is that the SWINGs let you hear abnomalies from your system as a whole. Maybe you remember -at some stage- I was expressing on these forums about newer music becoming unbearable to listen to. This proved to be about something getting better (!!) in my setup while another thing still was wrong. Today that phenomenon doesn't exist enymore. But do not try to playback not bitperfect data anymore, because you'll get the creeps of it. One year ago I couldn't even hear the difference ...

So again, your BP could blurr around at higher levels, but since this is a respected brand chances are low. I know, a tube distorts, but IMHO nothing like blurring around. There wouldn't be so much difference with the 7WSE LaydyDay, and that doesn't blurr around ... Actually, in theory a SS starts to blurr around, talking about clipping points ...
What 100% sure (and please believe me) blurrs around as can be judged today, is something like Foobar in KS or ASIO streaming mode (which means it is bitperfect) which this whole world does not complain about. Want to hear blurring around, just come over. Wrong, stay at home. But in order to hear what can be achieved, please come over.

Arrghh, I must quit this impossible job.:wacko:

The NF stays in my room cool until it clip's.

Sounds (no pun intended) very strange, because it should blow out your windows first. I say : this can't be clipping (many other phenomena going on though).

Well my problem was it was rather my ears started distorting

You start to sound the same as the NF salesmen ...:grazy:
"yeah, but at this levels"
and it wasn't loud at all ...

Didn't we agree that what we hear is the relative truth?

Not when I was around. I am so much trying so state the opposite : it is possible to make that absolute, once you have the reference.
This latter, sadly, is the problem. But you are lucky, because you have at least half of it available : the SWINGs.

In between your lines I read that there is quite some more beleivable truth at Brinkersweeg than here at Bulevar Avnoja

That is correct. And this is only in between the lines because "we" realize that your judgement (and anyone's for that matter) must be respected. From this follows that we didn't talk a long time about what could be wrong with *you* but just what could be causing our so very different judgments, which in the end comes down to phylosofy as well, possibly religion, and hopefully a failure to our setup. Why ? well, because someone owning SWINGs has a headstart just for the sole decency of buying them.

"The workout can be interesting" ... see ? :whistle:
Peter

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread