Okki (Off Topic)

by PeterSt. ⌂ @, Netherlands, Friday, February 09, 2007, 19:12 (6285 days ago) @ GC
edited by unknown, Thursday, March 06, 2008, 00:01

Peter the :wacko:

Heard from Bert we are going to drink cognac and smoke cigars together in
April, Brinkersweg. Await the worse. I might bring a player from my
grandsons Duracell operated rabit bear. (please read "bear" and not
"beer", as you usualy do) which outperforms your Walt Disney player.

GC,

I don't think this is funny anymore; :no:

I have been very hard working on the Vista version of GC, and it really has more features than a Walt Disney player. I must admit though, that it's Duracell driven.
Anyway, it works with 12 bit input, which is only to make it play faster and which is *NO* drawback. It upconverts to 24bits first, which is an exact multiple of 12. Yeah, this is smart. From there it goes to 72, which is ... well, you get the hang of it.
Then it's got 5/4 pull down, with dual cutoff frequency (I'll keep that a secret).

[image]

Obviously the device is handheld, has a backlit display (well, not with empty batteries, sorry) and has all the features for friendly playback.
As you can see it can play from memory, and the best thing to come : it rips all the bits OTA from any CD in the neighbourhood, and that's litterally. This is done so that formally you ARE NOT COPYING the data. It's just ripped of the source CD's, which legally comes to stealing from the neighbours, but that's another matter.

It's memory is inifite. That is, once it becomes full, there's the % key, and the numeric pad allows any amount of compression you wish for. Here too the 12 bit NATIVE (!!) operation comes handy.

You'll find a mute button which of course is to be expected from a good player, but that is really not what I wanted to express; look at the right top of the keyboard ... well, what do you see ? huh ? :clapping: man, you never saw this ...

With this GT button, you can accellerate the lot as much as you want. Press 1 x is 2x, press 2 x is 4x, press 3x is 8x, well, you get it I think. Best of all is that 5/4 pull down keeps on working !!! Yeah, I wasn't spending all this time for nothing.

There's many options behind the numeric keys. I did not program any yet, but think of stuff like printing music notes real time (there's a high speed pragma printer at the back), zooming, karaoke, supercar sounds, alarmclock, anything.
Might you have good ideas to implement, please say so. It's not hard to program, while it runs on business basic+, the reverse engineered foundation of Linux as you might now.

So please, this is NOT a Disney player.
:wacko: Regards :wacko:

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread