Can a 1:1 remark make a thread to me? (Off Topic)

by PeterSt. ⌂ @, Netherlands, Friday, February 16, 2007, 10:05 (6250 days ago) @ Bert

Hey Bert,

That will then be around 2.000 Euro! Wouldn't a PDA connected to a
wireless network be something more affordeable for us poor guys?

It's 1.300 euro I think, but indeed, outragiously expensive.

You can do many things with a PDA, but not all. "All" means : everything you'd want when you are also dealing with hometheatre stuff.

Also note that, like professional comparible equipment e.g. Scanner Terminals, things are 3 times or so more expensive, just to get it decent.
A Scanner Terminal is nearly the same as a PDA (it's just a WinCE device), with a, say, 200 euro scanner in it, and the terminal costs 2,400 euro.
I have a PDA as well. It worked for two months ...

For both devices there has to be done some programming to make it work
with GC and at least people can use their PDA for other things too...
(navigation, games, agenda, etc...).

A.o. I bought this device to allow "IP programming" GC in a later version. This is just one means of controlling software from a distance.
For normal operation I would run a PDA in RDP mode to whatever good Audio PC (so don't buy Vista Home versions without RDP facility !! (not that I know of versions without it, but with XP Home it's not there)).
Note that I did not work on a 320x240 size screen yet, hence right now you probably aren't able to select tracks (easily). But this too, for some later days.

Peter

PS: As a gadget, it would be very easy (to create) to scan a CD's barcode, that starting up the music. You could also think of printing a booklet from the CD's with pictures and barcodes (even per song), and that that would be the means of starting CD's / tracks.

PPS: Mr. Moderator : how about the Split function ?
[smallprint]What a mess it is in here :yes: [/smallprint]

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread