What to do with too many Watts ? (Off Topic)

by Bert @, Friday, February 16, 2007, 16:06 (6250 days ago) @ PeterSt.

Peter,

If now you think I can manage, because you are interested in your own
questions only ... well, I don't know what to say.

This is not the issue. Its about what is important (for the person involved) and taking the time for things that actually do matter. Im my opinion you are chasing things not interesting at all (for me, in the practical sense). As mentioned before, why would I want to know/learn about things I do not need to know? Why filling my head with information about things I have no work for or can't do anything with?

I build and design loudspeakers and I am good with that. Other people are very good with amps, everybody has its own speciality in this world. I rather spend my energy in building and designing better speakers. I leave all the technical stuff related to other things to other people who are working in that area. I do not need to know everything when other people already know about, it is much more easy to ask them to find a solution without knowing how they made it possible. If it works then okay, cool!

I just have my car tuned to have some more HP's and N's. I have hardly the knowledge about how to do this by myself so I pay the guy to do that for me.

The car now is pretty spicy and I am happy! What do I care what caused it to run like it is going now...? You would probaly want to know every detail, not me.

Same with amplifiers. I play them and if they work out okay then I am happy without knowing all the technical details. I don't care!

You do care so feel free to ask the guys at Hypex the things you want to learn but do not expect me anticipate in that (I will go grazy and rather spend more time preparing and sending orders). I will listen to the amps and if they are good then that alone is already enough information for me.

As answered before, have Hypex to lower the input sensitivity because at the other end it won't work with speakers. Just use that bit of information as practical solution, its free!

Ciao,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread