RWA signature 70 (Off Topic)

by takman @, Friday, February 23, 2007, 07:44 (6262 days ago) @ angeloitacare

My Red Wine Audio Sig 70s have about 100 hours on them now. I must say, they are superb. While sounding great from the beginning, there was something not natural about the sound. Hard to explain, but it was an organic sound but somewhat different from the sound of the actual instruments. Now things are sounding much more natural. Dynamics and clarity were great from the start, and these are the amps' greatest strengths. I can listen to these for hours on end without any fatigue whatsoever. With the great dynamics, I am not bored during listening sessions either--a problem I had with my 45 SETs (though I must admit they were not the most high-end 45 SETs in the world). I think the dynamics complement the AER drivers very well. Whether they are too dynamic for the Orpheans, I have no idea. They are very revealing of problems upstream, so now it is hard to listen to the system for example with my laptop PC plugged to the wall (as opposed to listening to the PC battery powered) whereas with my previous amps such differences were mostly obscured. I can honestly say that I do not miss tubes, and I can't help but think that this is the future of amplification.

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread