Dynamics (Off Topic)

by PeterSt. ⌂ @, Netherlands, Friday, February 23, 2007, 09:51 (6269 days ago) @ Bert

There is no such thing as too dynamic! Unless you mix things and talk
about issues not related to dynamics...

In my mind, more dynamic is more real unless it is an artificial kind of
added dynamics (distortion).

Hi Bert,

This is just for fun, and without any scientific proof (well, as is commonly known from me :cool: :confused:) :

First Bert, I'm talking about a "phenomenon" you didn't experience yet. Yep, some things I keep for my self (because of pure misery BTW :wacko:). With the subtitle "I duNo where all this can end anymore", one of the major things I achieved is crazy more dynamics;

This time I am not playing crazyly loud but at normal 12 oclock level (which averages near 90dB at 4m distance), but things start to happen like the exploding balloons which couldn't be copied by electronic gear ...

I certainly want to keep on topic for this thread, and my message kind of is : when even more dynamics will be added e.g. by means of a faster amp, things could turn into, say, painful. Mind you, I say could, because it is an expectation I have, based upon my current system, which can improve inheritently for dynamics here and there, as you know.

When a drummer practices his drumming (and the room is a tad too small) he wears earcaps; the enormeous speed of the rise of amplitudes is not really meant for the spead of our ear membranes (???).
This has nothing to do with distortion, but with a "blast" just becoming a blast because of speed. Before it was loud sound ...

Most probably I am highly pretentious with this, but let's say for now that this is just because I'm the first to be ignorant, as always.

There is no such thing as too dynamic!

Of course by itself this is true; A live violin in your (not too large) listening room will hardly hurt your ears. A piano ... same. A flute, ditto, but a trompet ...
I kind of expect that "we" come near the area of needing to play music SOFTER than live levels (unplugged), because otherwise the dynamics are going to kill because of to small rooms hence being to near to the source.

As said, you can't know what I mean, as this is per this small change : http://forum.bd-design.nl/index.php?id=12950&page=0&category=0&order=last_a...
Can't explain as of yet why exactly ... :read:

Peter

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread