RWA signature 70 (Off Topic)

by takman @, Friday, February 23, 2007, 11:22 (6265 days ago) @ Bert

Bert, I am a big fan of dynamics. But if the transients were sharper (in moments like when a jazz drummer strikes the rim of a drum) than what I now have, then perhaps it could get a little uncomfortable. I'm not saying what the Orphean sounds like, though, as I have not heard it. Only saying that the combination of the Oris Reference with the Sig 70 amps is a very nice one.
Absence of compression in musical climaxes--now that is something that I can't get enough of. With these amps, the fff peaks in the music are very very lifelike with almost nothing held back. This is something the little 45s could not do at all. Probably different with tube amps with higher power, but it seems current limitation exists to a greater degree in tube amps compared to these T class amps in general.
Off topic, one thing that I noticed with the added clarity that I now have is the significant difference in enjoyment between a studio recording and a live recording for jazz and other music that use amplification in live concerts. I now always opt for the studio version as this gives me a good reproduction of the sound of the instruments themselves, not the amplified sound (well at least for acoustic instruments).

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread