Amp's upon amp's (Off Topic)

by Flecko @, Monday, March 05, 2007, 00:07 (6256 days ago)

Hi all,
I am looking for a new amp and are a little confused. There are so many amp's where people tell there are good and have a good value for money that I don't know what to buy. At first I wanted to build the DIY version of the Firstwatt F3(ZenV9). Then I read about the UcD which should be available as an highend edition soon, that I prefer, if it sounds equal as good, to the ZV9 because I don't need tons of heatsinks. I also thought about building a tripath amp, but I think that there is more nice sounding coloration than a realy good sound(I saw some messurements). I don't want to make much experiments, the best were simply knowing what is the best solution (which isn't easy, I know). I want to invest about 500€ for a stereo pair, hence it might be a DIY solution. Has sombody a hint, or made some experiences with the amps I itemised? Or can sombody simply corect me if I have wrong view on those items.

@ Peter: What do you think the upgraded UcD will cost? Probably I should wait until you have made listening tests...

Greetings Adrian

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread