OffTopic (Drive Units)

by GC, Thursday, April 19, 2007, 06:47 (6209 days ago) @ Jose Hidalgo
edited by GC, Thursday, April 19, 2007, 07:02

Hi Jose

As you see, you got almost all the questions answered that the BD15's are among the best, if not "THE" best. All quotes of course in relative senses as no one once they heard the drivers would be interested in how it meassures, but just enjoys it's fantastic performance. :grin:

I have a meassuring curve of the BD15's which shows that it beats all your mentioned alternatives in each diciplin. (I have some older meassurements of your alternatives laying around here and can compare).
I will not post that meassurement, as it is really up to Bert to do that if he should want it.

But I can tell you that it starts low enough to move air and has an expectable amplitude, but incredible linear, rise within + - nothing up to 5 kHz where it smoothely roll's off without breakups.

Now you know that and you also know it is able to move m3's of air into earthquake like airshaking waves without noticeable distortion or reaching it's P-P limits.

Maybe you were not told how incredible fast this drivers is as per it's low Mms and powerfull magnet motor.

The driver is just wonderful and as you were also adviced, buy that first and simply forget the rest of the candidates. Or do as I would have done i your situation, buy them all and test them out. :wink:

GC

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread