by GC, Tuesday, June 26, 2007, 22:16 (6120 days ago) @ leifchristensen
edited by GC, Tuesday, June 26, 2007, 22:38

look here:
http://sound.westhost.com/project48.htm
original thoughts by linkwitz
best
Leif

He he Leif...

Yeah I know that storries and theories. I'm though surpriced they adressed only the tweak of equalizing, as the matter of fact, working with the range lower than the Fr has much more to offer. You can take it further.

Remember what a resonator is: An uncontrolled random to electronics (read components) try to control its randomity. No way it does it except the resonating system is silent = 0 db music = no moving mass at all. And it is correct to to it under the Fr.

Now what I learn from the article is about #compensating# the loss of amplitude by doing so, but but but...

Read this:

http://www.pvconsultants.com/audio/eq/linktran.htm

and a layout of it...(done right):

[image]

However it is the L-G approach allows you to control the Q of the speaker taking the room into consideration as well and aim at a total Q control including the room as well.

If you want to mail torben.k@email.dk he will elaborate much more. I guess?

Now having said all this, there is one set-back about it. Woofers which are loaded unsymetrically front side/back side by the fact it has a most uneven air impendance in front of it and in back og it, will have a hard life. If we record the diaphragmes behaviour at those stress points we see a horror. If we see it, don't we hear it as well?

No driver gets a big tourque by means amplifier control. No amplifier can add Tesla and BL into it.

My thinking is to alowe the driver to be itself and leave it as un-enclosured as possible -> back load imp = front load imp. equation.

Said in another way 1=1. Music=music.

I am not spitting on your acheivements..on the contrary. Steen Duelund who implemented battery operated linkwitz greiner circuits before amping in his constructions came far..and more far than Elliot did.
Explore the theory of Q-controlled room response in the lows by Google. There are much to find. there.

My point is to acheive bass by: Nothing replaces cubic inches = free drivers with m2's of mowing mass and tons of tourque by magnets surrounding voice coils.

You can go that way as well and acheive far lower distortion = resolution.

It is after all not possible to completely control a room by means of one 15" or 12" driver/cab/electronic EQ. It's a shortcut.

We need a room to keep winter cold and summer heat away from us. Give us lay and shelter from rain and thunder.

No one ever thought to make the 6 walls in a room of pure bass driver units?

Well maybe too far out, but the ideal it is.

GC :pardon:

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread