any advice on applying veneers? (Off Topic)

by PeterSt. ⌂ @, Netherlands, Sunday, July 29, 2007, 08:37 (6115 days ago) @ MikeH

Better do not mount the drivers ... :no:

Bert, I have such bags here. They are from very thick transparent "plastic" (could be 2mm or so), and it really can stand the "sharp" things you pointed out.

You just can connect a vacuum cleaner to that, which obviously has to be set in reverse mode (most can, I think).

I'm not sure what comes from it in the end, because the pressure won't be equal in all places, just because the bag's material will be folded in many places, and then contains twice or triple the thickness with more pressure. Shouldn't be a problem really, as long as the pressure isn't sideways.

I'd say it is dangerous to apply because it is out of your control how the pressure is devided. Instead of spreading pressure (which you would do by hand) it might just burst the veneer BECAUSE the pressure is equally devided (the bump can't go anywhere). Otoh, assuming you started off properly, it should be able to take it, and the pressure is gentle and sufficient enough to have the decent contact for the glue (etc.).

Oh well ...
Peter

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread