Beyma 12BR70 woofers.... (BD-Design)

by GC, Thursday, August 02, 2007, 23:00 (6084 days ago) @ Bert

Yes Bert...:cool:

Your project and your approach to it as I know it, will definately show if it's worthwhile.

I have had many thoughts about reveiling the suttle information below 30 Hz on recordings throughout the many decades that passed my doorstep.

I have tried in many ways to expose it through funny systems. No one of them actually showed fidel trustworthyness. (Does that word exsist?). I got a boomy wavelike splashing low frequency blabrooffblawr... (That word does'nt exist for sure) kind of feeling. And for sure it doesn't exist in real life music.

The rooms I had couldn't cope.

On the other hand, when listening to the SWING's, what is it I need further?

Nothing...actually. When I compare real life clasical music to the replay here I definately need nothing further.
When listening to a synthisizer band, well...if he blows off a 15 Hz sub wave, I can't feel it that impresssive as maybe intended.
But don't forget Steen Duelund: The room adds a 12 db/oct belowe approx 80 Hz...very room size depending however. So we can control the room or we can let the room control us.

However it is...if the subs just stay quiet when nothing is told to them, it should be ok. And if something is dictated in that region, well we shall feel it. :cool:

Now only when it must be low distorted: Many many woofers. It can be a pleasure. It takes one to show one.

I saw organ pipes around which I would imagine should take a few m2 of moving mass and square meters to deal with #undistorted#. So it seems that's the way to look for improvements.

He he :cool:

GC

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread