Windows vs Linux: round 2 (Off Topic)

by PeterSt. ⌂ @, Netherlands, Monday, August 13, 2007, 03:13 (6095 days ago) @ MikeH

Just an attempt for explanation. Let it even be a first attempt.

Mike, you talk like the digital volume control sounded worse. But with "merits" it did not. This is waaay difficult though, and is related to the merits;

One IMO very important remark to make in advance : Klaus stated that he has tuned his Brutus to the digital voume control, including loosing 2 bits in this particular case (not so much particular, because he applies that in his "home" situation just the same). Anyway :

With this he avoids a Django which indeed did everything to *his* sound.
What it did to XXHighEnd ? ... we don't know, because we did not try it (we could not).
I too "tune" GC to an environment, albeit I try to take care of keeping a distance of it. The funny thing is, that (mind you) with Django the Brutus player performed so, say, strangely, that it led me to some conclusions which indirectly can be found here : http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=161.0

Btw, apart from the apples and oranges thing it is like Bert already said : without the Django in between all still did not sound right to my ears (at all). But it would be true that with the Django the Brutus sounded way bad (this is subjective, and we hardly discussed it).

An interesting puzzle so far, is that without the Django, Brutus sounded rather normalized, while with the Django GC already sounded normalized. With this I mean : balanced. So, GC without Django wasn't tested, and Django + Brutus was a kind of misery (overexpressed highs and ditto lows).
Again, Klaus said he tuned all without preamp. This is just a legit explanation (to me).

Maybe more later.

Peter

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread