Ciare HX201 in Oris 150 (Oris Horns)

by Flecko @, Sunday, November 25, 2007, 22:29 (5968 days ago)
edited by unknown, Monday, November 26, 2007, 17:51

Hi Bert,
I am proud owner of a pair of Oris 150!!! I bought them from Thomas from Frankfurt.
So now I am planing to use them with a fullrang driver at first and later converting them to a middelfrequency driver with additional bass and tweeter. For that purpose I made some simulations with AJ-Horn. The problem is that I don't know the function with which the horn opens. You said in one post that it has no Tractrix function. Perhaps you can look at the simulation I made from the MD3 and the HX201 and tell me if the results for the MD3 are nearly that what you meassured. So that I can conclude if I am on the right track with the HX201 and didn't simulated rubbish. The parameter for the md3 I have from this site,
http://www.aer-loudspeakers.de/de/ts_md3_g.html
I guess it is the right site. The parameter for the HX201 are from HobbyHifi and both parameters are printed in the graph as well. On the left the md3 on the right the HX201. The red curve is the MD3 the black one is the HX201. I assumed an exponetial function for simulation because it has given the best results, so it must be near that what you did, as I guess the Oris dosn't follow an exact function and is empirical tuned to the md3.
PS.: The frequency where the black curve falls is 200Hz. Sorry I masked the frequency scale
[image]
Thank you and Greetings
Adrian

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread