Will I even learn ? (BD-Design)

by Rudolf150 @, Monday, December 03, 2007, 20:48 (5988 days ago)

I am afraid that I am reknowned for changing my mind.
Although this is the case, at the same time I become more and more critical. Moreover, my ear/mind combination is getting less forgiving, and gives me less time.
So in other words, if I turn on a system and it doesn't sound right in the first minute or so; I am better off forgetting this.

Next to my Orphean, I was constructing a traditional 2 way speaker for in the living room. But I am struggling to get the sound right; but I will optimise this to the best I can.
But as I waiting for my other amplifier, I need to move my amplifier around.
So the amplfier was connected up to my Orpheans Mk1 yesterdayafternoon, after a long time.
The difference was tremendous, and it was great to listen to the Orphean (again). The sound is of a different kind; sorry, I don't want to repeat myself, but the ease, the speed, the dynamics ... aaahh, I love it.

PS. In the meantime I listen to various high-end traditional speakers, but this home-coming-feeling to the Orphean is magnificent.

But, there is a but ... I still have somehow the buzz in my mind that I (believe I) had with my PM2A in the ORIS150.
So I want to pick this system up as well, with a second hand set of Lowthers in my ORIS150.

Has anyone else this nagging feeling that the ORIS with Lowther/AER had some aspects that were seductive? Or is this an incorrect memory?
I am curious to hear some other thoughts on this.

Rudolf

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread