Some questions about bass integration and XOs (Oris Horns)

by GC, Thursday, December 20, 2007, 09:12 (5943 days ago) @ robmatthew
edited by GC, Thursday, December 20, 2007, 10:09

Dear all kind contributors...I'm not in Canada yet.:grin: And it looks to be pretty cold up there....Brrrrrr... and this could result in this: :idea: or this: :dntknw:

So the warmth I find in this thread makes me to get out of it due to Holiday is just starting..no I am banging my fist into the table, that I diplomatically can say that either way of means, approach of digi or analogue can create a *Piston* speaker. Period. It can.

It is not for me to say which of the approaches is the right way, and maybe I could even accept both having tried both, which I didn't, but only know that there are basic rules out there that sustain my Piston Preach.

If no 'Piston' is to be found in your speakers after any attempts done just to throw in drivers in any set-up...I believe it does not matter what **** we apply to distribute frequencies, equalize them, manipulate them in the time domaine, we caNot believe anyhow that the final result is really what was intended by the recording it self.

And the recouding itself, namely our source for playback, has certainly it's own problems to deal with, having all of us to believe this is real instruments we should listen to.

My point in all this is just to come to the speaker itself, the final audio device in the playback chain that delivers all what's behind it the sound you should trust and recognize as music.

So this was about "How shall I integrate my gear to my set-up of speakers so they would shine"(Rooze), wasn't it about that mainly?

Hency my contribution here. For my agenda I don't give a **** about how it's done, just it's done. If a DEQX is a way it's not for me to say. I know how the anologue world works and I'm blind for what digital manipulation can do to the sound except for what Peter points out at latest post. I heard that digital manipulation can make quite some (word not known) disasters to the sound. That's why I keep my fingers out of it. I dare not to do the trial as some of you really thinks does'nt matter because you made it work for you and maybe it does'nt matter?

Room correction from that camp I heard on several occassions. Huh..that gave me a headache after 10 minutes. Sorry it just did.

Have fun guys adding more to this topic. I can maybe only learn here...:grin:

GC :holiday:

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread