Digital EQ (Off Topic)

by robmatthew @, Saturday, December 22, 2007, 15:59 (5968 days ago) @ Bert

Everyone who comes to my house seems to think the room is very good. I also have always felt that the room was good and the sound excellent as well.

After I incorporated the DEQX I never even tried the room correction aspect of the DEQX until last year, when , just for fun, I measured the room found that it was pretty good but there where soom relatively small hills and valleys in the response spectrum of a few dB here and there but no serious notches.

I corrected those areas, which is very easy to do with the DEQX connected to the computer, and was simply amazed at the very significant change that occurred. Until then I never believed that room correction could ever help if you start with a good room whose sound you know very well.

My pont is that unless one has a very good calibrated microphone and a unit like the DEQX which is powerful enough to do the job, you really do not know if the sound could be better even if it is already wonderful to your ears.

I never would have believed it if I had not done it myself. I think it is worth a try because one might really be missing something otherwise.

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread