Read this whole topic... (BD-Design)

by Don Reid, Rural Northwest Georgia, USA, Sunday, January 06, 2008, 05:26 (5947 days ago) @ Bert
edited by unknown, Sunday, January 06, 2008, 09:31

Hi Bert,

The comments immediately following this paragraph are yours excerpted from just a couple old pages of your forum. It literally only took me perhaps four or five minutes to find, copy and paste them onto this post. A more exhaustive search would almost certainly reveal a vast number more of similar comments. Those comments are:

“The Oris 250 with AER MD3 drive units, in combination with the new phase plugs, is the best sounding front loaded full-range driver system I have heard.

"> If I wish to use PM6C magnet with AER diaphragm, what quality level I can

expect for your indicated price 1079 EUR ?

Compared to the Lowther diaphragm you'll get:

- real and fresh sounding high frequency extetension
-clean natural sounding mid- and high frequencies (no "paper" sound)
- much less "own" sound bringing up more detail and transparency"

I regret it if this post makes me seem an unpleasant person. However I feel that when your response to Robert's quite reasonable question about you reconsidering selling AER drivers was:

"Huh?!? (BD-Design)
posted by Bert , Netherlands, 30.12.07, 18:44

And do you still find Lowther is better sounding now?

Why do you ask?

Either you or I am missing something here...

Bert"

It seems to me that you are being unpleasant and for your own reasons, perhaps commercial reasons, hoping that your customers will forget many many superlative recommendations and highly favorable comparisons of AER with other drivers including Lowthers you made over the years.

Personally I well remember what great improvements you told me to expect when I traded my Lowther PM4As plus a very substantial sum of money to you for a pair of AER MD3s. You were exactly right. The AERs were truly clearly, audibly superior. I had very good hearing back then. There wasn't the slightest doubt. I believe I still have those e-mails. If you would like me to find them, scan them and post them on this forum just tell me.

Sincerely,
Donald Reid

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread