Digital EQ & XO to correct speakers & rooms (Off Topic)

by GC, Monday, January 14, 2008, 10:53 (5941 days ago) @ Rooze

Very interesting Rooze...

I have neither been sleeping since this thread started.

I have no doubt that finding the right slopes bewteen the engaged speakers should be done with great care. No doubt about that in any case..digi or analogue.

Where I was more curious were how DSP'ing possibly could compete with bit-perfect. So of course I started to inevestigate a bit on the matter and found a couple of guys who really have spend life time with all this.

However they did not exactly use Lyngdorf but a SW program called http://www.acourate.com/ and they told me that if you don't go *over-dosing* with the room correction you can achieve quite good results.
They also told me that it takes a very long time to reach the goal this way and the road is full of pritholes.

So what I decided was that this should be due to finding out myself and not let theories dump any solution.

So left with my safe knowledge that a bit-perfect signal should not be moslested with, I will in the future stick my nose into DSP'ing to see if the headache I get from it is comming from the wrong way of using it.

That might take a very long time to come through- :eek:

GC

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread