The biggest ever project in my life (Off Topic)

by PeterSt. ⌂ @, Netherlands, Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 18:34 (5902 days ago) @ Bert
edited by unknown, Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 18:43

You could always ask that company how actually good or maybe bad round
corners are (like with me). You have the opportunity now ...

I would vote against round corners as these will act like a "beamer" where
all reflections from all directions will be reflected back to one point
(like a satellite disc).

I would opt for nice flat cut corner with and angle of 30-45 degrees. Just
a feeling though...

Hehe Bert, I think if you made a drawing of the reflections with a square corner, you'll notice that the reflections "beam" more as with a round corner (I think the round corner makes a nice umbrella of it). Besides that, the distances of the reflected waves will be not equal (the reflection right in the corner will travel the longest path).

But I don't know. The only think I know is that I created it like this, and for this on purpose. :yes:
Just curious what the gurus think of it ... they could agree with you for quite other reasons than mine. :unsure:

Edit : I just thought of why I think (ever thought) I am right on this : you said it yourself ... think of the satellite dish. But that works the other way around ! the dish has the shape it has, to beam (concentrate a wider beam into the ... say, speaker. Haha. :oops:
Of course I anticipate on reflections being there anyway, but more evenly spread now (the umbrella thing). Better dampen the lot behind the speaker ... maybe.

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread