General passive-line level filtering issues. (BD-Design)

by Bert @, Monday, February 11, 2008, 11:11 (5913 days ago)

Hi All,

At this moment I am spending my time to do some work I should have done some time ago. In the past years I have learned several ways to build a crossover for systems based on the Compact, Basic and Ultra bass systems in combination with Oris horns and the Orphean.

I will have the first basic crossovers done soon (for using the Orphean MkI and Orphean MkII on top first). The principle used will be almost similar as done before (using the signal from the main amplifier to feed the filter and the amplifier for the bass).

These filters still have some ways implemented to change for personal taste/room but it would be very handy for me if people would report back to me their prefered settings. With this information I would not only save a lot of time to try the filters myself elsewhere, it will also give me usable information to proceed with the Oris based systems.

Please don't ask me about other bass systems or other principles to use than the ones mentioned as it is impossible for me to give usable suggestions to optimise those. Implementations for those systems have to be figured out by yourself.

Stay tuned...

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread