General passive-line level filtering issues. (BD-Design)

by Bert @, Monday, February 18, 2008, 21:35 (5902 days ago) @ Tom Russell

Hi Tom,

filter values, obtained from you, of course. The last paragraph in your
post seems to say you will not support someone using your horn and your
bass cab in the same configuration.

It should read that no support can be given for a system not delivered and tested for suitability by me in person. Any combination with the BD15 in their suggested enclosures and any Oris or Orphean horn in combination with those will be supported as I can check myself. Own designed bass systems or horns or used drivers are unknown to me, how can I be of help there anyhow?

With some luck the same filters work out okay on other systems too but I can't guarantee that this is the optimal situation.

While on the filter subject, how much, if any, does the distance from the
horn to the listener, and the distance from the bass cab to the listener,
figure into the filter design?

The filters I use myself and suggest are for the systems placed as shown on the related picture (in case of the Orphean Compact you have to look look at the picture on that page). The timing is not always perfect but fiddling with the filter gives pretty good results with a "normal" visible placement of the parts.

Optimal would be to have the drivers more in line, similar distance from the driver to the listener with usually the basses a bit to the front as these are "slower" before they are on level...

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread