Ping Tom Russell/Orphean (BD-Design)

by Tom Russell @, Monday, February 25, 2008, 16:39 (5877 days ago) @ Bert

Bert

I still can't get this apart. You say "removing the rear chamber". I have been looking for the MDF piece, with the driver attached, to come out the rear. Is this correct? How much force should this take? I've pulled on the driver as much as I dare. I'm pulling as hard as I can grasping the driver with my bare hands. I've tried rocking the driver from side to side. NO movement of the MDF piece. Are you talking about screws that would be on the surface of the MDF? I see no screws other than screws that are on the driver. I haven't attempted to remove any of the screws that are on the driver. The only thing on the MDF, other than the driver, are the two binding posts. I loosened the binding posts a bit and they act like they have a backing nut, as I would expect. When they are loosened the MDF piece is still tight in place. Once I see one of these apart, I'm sure things will be clear.

Concerning the filters; Obviously, I've never had these horns apart so I don't know what is on the inside. I had thought that the MKII filter box shown on your web site to be an additional piece that is added to a MKI. Is there a filter box, a box that looks like the MKII filter on your site, inside an Orphean MKI? The caps on the outside are across the driver terminals on one end. The other ends go inside so I can't tell anything about how they are connected. The implementation of the caps does seem very home made. I asked Angelo about this and he said this is exactly what you sent with the Orphean, 1000uf cap included. He says he changed nothing. At any rate, I need to get from what I have to two operational Orpheans.

Thanks

Tom

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread