Capacitor shoot-out (Off Topic)

by JohnK @, Sunday, April 27, 2008, 21:25 (5842 days ago) @ madprofessor

Ive tried many capacitors my findings are simlar. But with one addition the Mundorf silver golds are a big step up in basic loudspeaker crossover networks than supreme or silver oil. I use with drivers of = quality, except the other day.I was assembling a 3 way front horn out of extras left about my shop. I used very low cost compression horn tweeters that I had about. Ive used many of these in budget models. Since Iam jaded by exposer to far more costly transducers I find the cheap ones a bit hard on my ears. Since I have a box of mundorfs about. I looked for value I needed only one I had was a pair of mundorf silver golds. So what the heck. The trebile reproductions is much improved. More detail far less listening fatigue Ive used this model tweeter many times before so I know its limits or at least thought I knew. I tried other caps same value even dorf supreme. Nothing else was close. Ive since tried this costly cap comparison with other affordable but of quality transducers and it seems that the quality of the parts used in crossovers is very important to the sonic performance of loudspeakers.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread