I first that... (BD-Design)

by madprofessor ⌂, 27777 Ganderkesee, Germany, Thursday, May 22, 2008, 20:39 (5807 days ago) @ GC

Hallo GC!
Of course it´s an AC-network: There are two ways to approach it:
First simply measure it for all the well known parameters. That gives you the values you need.
For filters, the quality of coils, there resistance and so on, makes a difference also in measurements.
Than You have to look at the signal: There are components, basical complex resistance, frequency dependent, through which the signal, wanted at your driver passes. These ones must be checked by extensive listening tests, when the basic value is clear by measurements.
Next are the components ( in 12db or higher order x-overs) which are also complex resistance, frequency dependet, but used basically to short unwanted signal components. To my experience, these are less critical. For example I use Silver/gold Mundorf in the first group of components and Silver Mundorf in the second group.
The last group is impedance correction: There I only want a more or less flat impedance and not difficult to drive Phase relations. That components I find out by measurements and calculations, but in quality I use one notch lower.
My discussion was about these group of components.
Imagine an impedance correction with Duelund components would be something like 200 € + Gives that the justificable audible results? That was my question, cause in that area I haven´t made any experiments!
Best regards
Stephan

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread