Quick questions for an Oris 150 setup (BD-Design)

by Bert @, Friday, May 14, 2010, 07:32 (5086 days ago) @ dkalsi

Thanks for responding. I will inquire with the owner and find out the exact driver used in the Bass Reference cabinet and how it was being powered. The bass reference cabinet were used in conjunction with the Orphean Horn+BMS4592 system. The BMS were powered by Cary 45 amps and I believe the bass cabinet were powered by a solid state mean.

If the crossover and tuning was done properly then this should be okay.

My novice opinion was that the Bass Reference cabinets were seriously lacking the "Thump".

Ah, this IS something about taste and acoustical conditions. Basically the Reference with BD15's do not give the "thumb" as this is artificial (usually colouration due to badly tuned bass reflex system or using bass drivers with a high moving mass).

Depth of bass is something else (I am not sure as these things are mostly mixed up in the mind of people). The Reference is a low Q bass system and if more output in the deeper bass is required then this can be electronically done.

Hence, I was thinking of potentially using the JBL 2245H (95db)with high power solid state amp and mate it to the Oris 150 w/Fostex 206E + low power 45 SET amp.

Any thoughts?

I do not see why this should not work. If you are in favour of "heavy" bass instead of articulated bass lines then this should be the way to go for you.

The Fostex drivers will do well in combination with your 45 SET amp except perhaps for limited high frequency output which will only be present on-axis.

Bert (not Bret please...)

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread