Quick questions for an Oris 150 setup (BD-Design)

by dkalsi, Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 07:18 (5064 days ago) @ Bert

Bert,

Per your suggestions, I passed on the 208s and ordered a pair of 206s. I was happy to see that they were more in line with my budget.

In regards to the bass cabinet, I saw your thread on the Reference 2010 - very impressive indeed. I also read several other forums and noticed that you have experimented with bass cabinets as size efficient as the bass reference cabinets as well as massive (all-out-assault) horn loaded multiple 15"s.

I am hoping I can find a simple solution. I know that when it comes to this hobby, the Oris 150 + Fostex 206 will get me 90% of the way there, but any additional gains will come with substantial $ investment. For now, I am sure will be happy with just getting to the 90% (at least I have convinced myself that I am heading in the right direction).

I was planning on constructing the bass cabinets myself (in efforts to save money). I would assume the BD15 is the ideal drive with unmatched performance for its price; however, given my budget, they are beyond my reach. I am seeking the next reasonably acceptable alternative. Do you have any experience with drivers that are more readily available in the US market and are less than $400/pair? As mentioned earlier, I plan to construct the cabinets myself.

Thanks for all your help/input.

Cheers,
D

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread