Orphean mk2 crossover ??? (BD-Design)

by joespride @, Monday, January 03, 2011, 01:22 (4834 days ago) @ Bert

Welcome back Bert thanks for the reply. Hope your holidays went well. This is my 4th or 5th oris system. And to be honest I had no intention of putting another system togeather. I had found in the past that AER based oris systems were music dependant (what I mean is they did some music better than anything I had ever heard, but on other styles I always felt left out) so when I got a chance to get Edgar titans I jumped on it and I found the edgars were good on everything. (very well rounded) the gent I sold my oris aer combo to decided to let them go and I couldn't bear to see them go anywhere else so I bought them back. That's when my other friend decided he prefered AER drivers and we made a deal for the orpheans ( I figured the thing i liked about the edgars so much was the compression drivers lent themselves to any music better than cone speakers. Once I set the orphean atop the Edgar bins it was immediately apparent what the orpheans do better ( more focus, better extension, not as picky with set-up) then it was just a matter of integrating the amps, and setting the X-over points. I have the midbass cut off at 240 but I did notice in another thread you state the orphean is cut off at 270 via filter in the X-over is this right ??? Anyway it's great fun and sounds better than anything I have heard before. Keep up the good work. Joe

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread