Orphean Integration (BD-Design)

by skalos @, Friday, January 07, 2011, 22:38 (4852 days ago)

Hello Bert,

I have a pair of the original version of Orpheans. I am trying to integrate them with a pair of Acoustat 1+1s which cover f3 of 28hz to the 220hz of the Orphean. When I wish to play loud I use a DIY Dynaudio woofer form FS to 80hz then the Acoustats from 80 to 220hz. The Orphean is immediately to the side of the acoustats and centered vertically (approx 48" off the ground)to the height of the acoustats. I can send a photo if necessary. The Orpheans signal comes directly from an el84 set tube amp and the other speakers are actively crossed over with the Behringer 2496 and driven by their own solid state amps. I have set the levels to match and the low-pass crossover to the Acoustats is 48db LR. All levels have been matched.

I am not getting the sound I think the Orpheans can offer. The Orpheans sound very clear but they still sound bright even though the levels have been matched. They don't have the sweetness in sound I expected. I have tried centering the acoustical center of the Orpheans (you stated at some point that was ~ 53cm from the front of the horn at 220hz)to the center of the Acoustats and I have tried different toe-in angles.

What might I try next?

Thanks in advance

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread