Attaching Older Style 150 horns (BD-Design)

by Bert @, Sunday, April 01, 2012, 20:26 (4379 days ago) @ Belyin

Dear Belyin,

I have very early Oris 150 horns I purchased from someone in Chicago who was acting as some sort of U.S. distributor before Welborne Labs. The mounting rings attach to the horns via small brass studs that line up with shallow holes drilled in a matching pattern in outside surface horns for a precarious press fit. Well, my horns no longer want to stay attached to mounting rings and come crashing down, causing all sorts of problems and damage. Is there some sort of adhesive I could use to more permanently attach the mounting rings to the horn?

Okay, indeed this was a long time ago. Problem is the used material for the rings (Nylon) which can't be glued. Ones clicked and not too much weight applied to the combination worked well but once it becomes loose it does not "click" and hold anymore.

How are newer versions of the Oris horns attached to the mounting rings?

These days the rings are glued to the horns but using different materials for the rings too. Still this is not a super strong bonding but when used under normal conditiond these will hold pretty well.

Never use an unsupported Lowther PM4A because eventually this will torn things apart...

You can fix your present rings by nails or screws all through the horn wall into the rings or you can order new rings with glue.

Best Regards,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread