DIY Orelo (Orelo/Orelino)

by BS, Australia, Monday, November 05, 2012, 11:26 (4187 days ago)

Hi Bert,
I’m new to the forum. I love your new Orelo speakers! I dream about building a DIY copy - even if I don’t achieve the level of performance you do.

My biggest problem is probably the WAF factor! :) I've already partly mocked some up from cardboard boxes to give an idea of size.. Approval can’t be certain though!

Irrespective, I have a few questions, which i hope you don’t mind me asking? No problem if not..

As I understand it, the BD15 are open at the rear and being slot loaded by the front horn-wings. Is the front portion of the BD15's not visible through the slot firing into the back of the wings, and hence practically like an open driver baffle - with the horn slot in front of it, or are the non-visible front portions of the BD 15 sealed, so the BD15 fronts are fully sealed into the horn, or someother arrangement?

My immediate assumption was that drivers including the BD15 are all mounted on the flat baffle - with the horn wings not-coupled and just sitting infront.... but the X-Fi HighEnd review as per the discussion here; http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=2283.0;all suggests that the drivers aren't mounted on the baffle and only shine through. Are you willing to confirm?

Similarly, is the AER full range driver (and Oris horn) fixed to the baffle, or does it also shine through.

In regards to the construction, are flat baffle with BD15 driver holes and the horn wings firmly coupled, and only the bass driver stack is totally separate. Or are the horn wings also moveable from the baffle, and are only placed the correct position?

Any information would are willing to share would be much aprpeciated!

Best regards
BS

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread