My DIY 1/2 Orelo attempt. (Orelo/Orelino)

by Rudy81 @, Dallas, TX, Friday, April 05, 2013, 22:37 (4033 days ago)

I have been working on a DIY version of a half sized Orelo for the better part of a week now. I originally figured it would be easy to create a prototype to test before committing to creating the three I will need for my media room. I way off on the amount of work needed to create one of these....or at least for a woodworking amateur like me. This is a ton of work!

The goal is to use the DIY Orelo with dual Eminence Kappalite 3015LF drivers from 80Hz to 200Hz. My Oris horns will pick up from there. The low end will be handled by independent subwoofers, 20-80Hz. The system is currently set up that way, but I am using some DIY Double Bass bins I made a few years ago.

I really like the look of the Orelo and thought it work well with the Oris since I only need a limited frequency span from the woofers. I am also hoping to pick up sound improvement from the open baffle design.

I really appreciate Bert answering my questions on the subject. Please understand that any results I show have no bearing on Bert's professionally designed and built Orelo. These results are strictly what I have been able to achieve on my own. I can only expect Bert's Orelo to be superior in quality and performance.

Here are a few shots of my first prototype.

[image]
[image]
[image]

As you can see, this was put together very loosely so I could test the system response.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread