Again: X-fi Audioshow Veldhoven (Orelo/Orelino)

by Diederik @, Brussels, Belgium, Thursday, September 19, 2013, 00:23 (3845 days ago) @ anubisgrau

Hi all,

I've been lucky enough to hear the Orelino twice already, at Bert's and during the X-fi Audioshow in Veldhoven.

Although the room at the show did have some acoustic issues, especially in the treble region and some low bass resonance (no acoustic treatment was applied), when seated in the right place and with some more peoples in the room, the Orelino did provide its magic and was easily producing the best sound of the show.

In my opinion in normal listening conditions this speaker outperforms almost everything available in the market. It provides full range performance, with transparency and finesse, a three dimensional soundstage, detailed accuracy and dynamics but more importantly in a very musical way. Even in a small room like Bert’s the speaker disappears and all that is left is the recording, very engaging.

I had no experience with open baffle systems, or with horns for that matter, but once you’ve heard the Orelo/Orelino there is simply no way back to a closed system (especially not bass reflex systems), it just sounds distorted and restrained. Bert applied some efficiency techniques like the phase-plug that allowed the performance of the Orelo in a smaller and better looking design.
If I hadn’t almost finished building the Orelo I would seriously consider the Orelino instead, and I’m sure my wife would be happy about that :-)

Highly recommended, congratulations Bert!

Diederik

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread